Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Inter/First
In his three months here, Inter has shown himself to be a well-motivated grunt worker whom I feel would make an excellent administrator. He demonstrates many of the qualities I like to see in administrators, and am pleased to nominate him. -- Grunt 🇪🇺 14:39, 2005 Jan 26 (UTC)
- I accept. Thank you. Inter 14:57, 26 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Grunt 🇪🇺 14:39, 2005 Jan 26 (UTC)
- Yes, definitely. Ferkelparade π 14:41, 26 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Ryan! | Talk 16:06, Jan 26, 2005 (UTC)
- Looks like a hard working Wikipedian :)--Marie | Talk 06:27, 27 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- A welcome administrator. I scanned the list of contributions and saw someone willing to do the dirty work. Better him (her) than me! -Willmcw 12:21, 27 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- I have but two criteria for adminship: no reason to predict admin abuse, and a penchant for grunt work. Therefore, I support :-). ugen64 21:47, 27 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- nice to know there are always people keeping watch over WP when I'm not looking :o) dab (ᛏ) 11:34, 28 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Fully support. BSveen 17:25, Jan 28, 2005 (UTC)
- Support - nominator has EU flag in sig. Ich bin Warm - Kronecker Delta 21:13, 28 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Absolutely. Has my full support! - Ta bu shi da yu 17:41, 29 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Neutralitytalk 06:43, Jan 30, 2005 (UTC)
- Seems fine regarding user conduct, willingness to work, and such. Grunt's support is a plus. --Slowking Man 02:37, Jan 31, 2005 (UTC)
- Support. utcursch 08:12, Jan 31, 2005 (UTC)
- Support. Quite new user, but seeing his good work on RC and NP patrol plus endorsements by several Wikipedians whose judgment I trust made me to support. jni 09:46, 1 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Support. Edit count and participation time may be low (even I have a higher count the last time I checked and I've been around awhile longer) but the endorsements from several Wikipedians whose judgment I trust made me support as well. JuntungWu 07:39, 2 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- A good start, but three months is just not enough time to get used to the project. Plus I see very few actual contributions. Jordi·✆ 14:46, 26 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Sorry. You look like a good user, but I don't see enough yet. Only has 11 edits to article talk pages, and even those aren't real discussions. I'm not sure how Inter would react in 'hot' situations (i.e. disputes, edit wars). The user_talk edits also seem like very little, I need more to judge eir on. Also, although e joined in October 2004, e really only started editing seriously at the end of December. Again, I'm sorry I have to do this, but I don't have enough to comfortably make a decision yet. -Frazzydee|✍ 23:35, 26 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- what frazzydee said Michael Ward 03:57, 27 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- No, sorry. The long absence Ben Brockert reported counts against you. I'd support after a few more months of active contribution in both article and wikipedia namespaces. Mgm|(talk) 13:26, Jan 27, 2005 (UTC)
- On the right track, but not yet there. Carrp 22:49, 27 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- I agree with Frazzydee. I'd likely support in a couple of months. CryptoDerk 06:11, Jan 30, 2005 (UTC)
- What Frazzydee said. Would support with some more time and some more content additions. Páll 00:57, 31 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- All that gruntwork and vandal-slaying, combined with Grunt's endorsement makes me want to support, yet the fact that there's only been one month of serious editing makes me hesitate. I lean toward support. --MPerel( talk | contrib) 08:54, Jan 28, 2005 (UTC)
- Neutral; I agree with both sides' comments. --Lst27 (talk) 21:24, 28 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- "Inter" is a very common string in usernames. One of the stats files I use is apparently no longer updating, which limits what I can easily find out. Inter currently has 1336 edits, the first of which was at 21:24 on October 11 2004. However, that data is misleading; other than a few edits on the 11th and 28th of October, he was inactive until 19:09 December 27, 2004, just under a month ago. The majority of the edits are on the User:Nickj/Redirects project, which are generally bot-like. —Ben Brockert (42) UE News 02:36, Jan 27, 2005 (UTC)
- I do not run a bot however. It's very tedious work making all those redirects manually, but I do it sort of absent mindedly while doing RC patrol or NP patrol. Inter 10:58, 27 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores, if any, would you anticipate helping with? (Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list.)
- I frequently do several things. I am active in VfD, I do RC patrols and I do NP patrols. I will continue doing this if I am promoted to admin. I tend to revert vandalism and tag articles for VfD, CSD or wikify. I also continue to help out Nickj in his disambig and redirect cleanups aswell as having been active in the other cleanup projects, I will try to remain active there aswell.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to Wikipedia, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- My contributions are more of a janitorial, tedious type of tasks, but I am and have contributed alot to Marillion and everything they do, writing articles about their albums and whatnot. I tend to focus on articles about bands I like and the genres I like. I'm a progressive rock fan. Go figure.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and will deal with it in the future?
- When reverting vandalism, I come over such gems as Inter is a nigger (in the case of Homosexuality), I'm apparently gay and various other things I wasnt previously aware I was, but I don't do much except slapping an rv in the comment field and move on. I have been in no conflicts (not even on IRC where I may discuss with a passion if the subject interests me) and I never try to start one either. I'm a very stoic person, both on the net and in real life. I try to avoid conflicts, but if somebody else initiates one with me, I try to function as a mediator.