Here are some useful tips to ease you into the Wikipedia experience:
- First, take a look at the Wikipedia Tutorial, and perhaps dabble a bit in the test area.
- When you have some free time, take a look at the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines. They can come in very handy!
- Remember to use a neutral point of view!
- If you need any help, feel free to post a question at the Help Desk
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Also, here are some odds and ends that I find useful from time to time:
- Wikipedia:Policy Library
- Wikipedia:Cite your sources
- Wikipedia:Conflict resolution
- Wikipedia:Brilliant prose
- Wikipedia:Pages needing attention
- Wikipedia:Peer review
- Wikipedia:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
- Wikipedia:Village pump
- Wikipedia:Boilerplate text
ClockworkTroll 22:47, 10 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Also, there is no need to remove links that lead to yet unwritten articles. Leave them, they will be created in the future. The very existence of the link means that someone might notice the lack of an aritcle and step in. Paranoid 19:53, 17 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
22:11, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
10:37, 22 April 2015 (UTC)